Wednesday 10 July 2013

We are happy to introduce: Pixiepoo!

Wednesday 10 July 2013
The new round of "The traveling Blythes" will kick off soon: the sign-ups started and everyone is anxious to see who our new travelers will be! While we are still working on the perfect travel routes, we will use the opportunity to present our three customizers of round 4.

Today we start with Christy from Pixiepoo (see here for her Flickr):

♥ Could you please tell us a few words about yourself?

Hi, my name is Christy. I am married to one hot Library Director. I am a mama of two beautiful children. I love blythe, photography, art, and old things. I have a blog called "The Dollhouse Studio" you can get to know me a little bit more by having a visit if you wish. 

♥  Please tell us a little bit about where you live.

I live in the beautiful red rock hills of Utah in a tiny little town where no one (except me) knows about Blythe.



♥  How and when did you discover Blythe?

I discovered Blythe while browsing photography on flickr. I was so impressed by how much emotion the doll could express through photographs. Even though she was just a doll...she was different - more alive than any other doll I had ever seen. After a few years of obsessing I finally caved and got my first doll in 2011. We have had a love affair ever since.

♥  How did you start customizing and where does the name Pixiepoo come from? 

I started customizing 6 months after I got my first doll. I have always been creative, I graduated with a art degree,  so creating my own OOAK doll was something that drew me to blythe in the first place.

How I got my screen name is pretty silly- but here it goes. Back in the day when I got my very first email address I was trying to think of a unique email address that no one would want. I came up with Pixiepoo. My friends made fun of my email address and started to use that as a nickname for me. It has kind of has just stuck with me all these years.

♥  What are your projects with Pixiepoo in 2013?

I have lots of projects I am working on in 2013. The main project I am working on is building a house with my husband. And by building a house- I mean doing it ourselves with nails and a hammer. We are slightly crazy.

I also make pets for blythe called Throwaway pets. They are made from recycled stock eye chips.

I also enjoy customizing and I am VERY excited to customize a Traveling Blythe. 

♥  Why did you decide to take part in the Traveling Blythes project?

I decided to take part in the Traveling Blythe Project because it has always been a big dream of mine. I am still pinching myself that I actually get to be a part of this. It's pretty magical watching a doll you helped create travel the globe. 

 Do you like cheese?

Depends...Is it plastic and little and fits in a Blythe's hand..if so...Yes!

♥  What is the most challenging with customizing a Blythe doll?

I find sanding to be the most challenging part of customizing a blythe. You have to do it a lot! It gets pretty monotonous. 

♥  Who is your favorite Traveler from the past rounds of the traveling Blythes?

I love Sarah/Kaleidoscope Kustom's  Aurora. I love her unique owl lids and gorgeous fuschia coloring. 

♥  What will your Traveler be like?

Since she is a traveling blythe I wanted her theme to be something about travel. She will be flying through the sky to her many destinations so I thought why not make blue sky and clouds inspiration. She already has a name - Nimbus. I can't wait to see her in real life. It will be exciting!  Here is a quick sketch I have already made of her. 







No comments :

Post a Comment